About the PROJECT FOR AMERICAN EMPLOYMENT & ECONOMIC SECURITY
We have faith in the power of our Republic, its institutions, and its informed citizenry to prevail over any challenge. The project for American Employment & Economic Security asks one basic question – “what is the purpose of a market economy?”.
Economic activity, whether expressed explicitly or implicitly, touches every facet of our lives and forms the basis of much of our individual and collective decision making. Hence, a well-functioning market economy should:
- Support equal opportunity
- Uplift our most vulnerable
- Reward merit
- Encourage risk taking
- Mitigate externalities for current and future generations
- Promote social cohesion, the arts, culture and science
- Operate within the moral constraints of a just society
- Uphold the rule of law
- Nourish the physical and spiritual well-being of the body politic
Get News & Updates
Receive news & updates to your email inbox.
News & Updates
Read recent newsletters.
IFSPP on YT
Institute for Sound Public Policy 74 Subscribe
Chuck Marohn, Founder of Strong Towns Discusses the Importance of Social Cohesion
Tweets by ifspp